Endocrinology is the study of the glands of internal secretion and their hormone production.
Examination and treatment of:
- Thyroid gland: laboratory examination, colour duplex sonography and shear-wave elastography for detecting and examining thyroid nodules. Puncture biopsy of the thyroid
- Adrenal glands: laboratory examination, ultrasound imaging of the adrenal glands and further external magnetic resonance imaging examinations where required
- Pituitary gland/hypothalamus: hormone status, auto-antibodies, electrolytes, phosphate, calcitonin, urine analyses, sonography, external MRT
- Osteoporosis therapy
Diagnosis and treatment of diabetes mellitus including blood sugar tests, continuous glucose profiles, insulin resistance determination, C-peptide testing, insulin antibodies detection and glucose loading where required.
- Dietary counselling, continuous glucose monitoring (Abbott FreeStyle)
- Advanced medication-based therapy, insulin adjustment where required
- Co-treatment of fat metabolism dysfunction
- Individualized exercise programs, with personal trainer by request