Endocrinology involves examination of the glands of internal secretion and their hormone production.
Examination and treatment of:
- Thyroid gland
- Adrenal glands
- Pituitary gland (hormone status, auto-antibodies, electrolytes, phosphate, calcitonin,
- urine analyses, sonography, external MRT)
- Osteoporosis therapy
The diagnosis and treatment of diabetes mellitus (blood sugar tests, daily profile, insulin resistance determination, C-peptide, insulin antibodies, and glucose loading, if needed).
- Dietary counseling, exercise programs
- Medication-based therapy, insulin adjustment
- Accompanying treatment of fat metabolism dysfunction